About Jim DuPlessis
My name is Jim DuPlessis. My wife Marcy and I live in Elizabethtown, KY with our 3 children; Jay, Kate, and Tori. Marcy and I recently celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. I grew up in the Elizabethtown, Hardin County area where I attended high school and afterwards attended the University of Kentucky where I received my Mechanical Engineering degree. I am a Kentucky Colonel and an active member of Severns Valley Baptist Church where I have served as a Deacon and several other leadership positons. I have been involved in Boy Scouts for over 10 years and have served many positions including Scoutmaster of Troop 604. Through Boy Scouts of America I am able to feed my passion not only for the outdoors activities I love such as camping and hiking, but also my love of mentoring youth for leadership, life and the outdoors. I have spent a lot of time volunteering at Clarity Solutions for Women.
- Born and raised in Hardin County
- Served as Boy Scout leader for 13 years
- Volunteer at Clarity Solutions for Women
- Husband and father of 3 children
- Served many leadership roles including deacon at my church.
- Volunteered on numerous water well mission trips to Central America
- Not a career politician, but an Engineer focused on solving problems